Paleonet: Fwd: [Science News] The Natural News for January 4, 2017

Jere LIPPS jlipps at berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 5 20:26:15 GMT 2017

Thank you, Roy for the sad news about Matthew.  He certainly lived an
interesting and, at times I imagine, discouraging, life.  Although he and I
had a number of conversations and communications, I did not see him often
enough to understand much of what you wrote.  I appreciate that write-up,
as I always found his work interesting and useful--it still is, as you
point out.  And he was a fun guy, as I could tell from a few encounters
with him.    I am sorry to see him go, but what a life!!

*Jere*

*Jere H. Lipps*
*jlipps at berkeley.edu <jlipps at berkeley.edu>*