Paleonet: Fwd: [Science News] The Natural News for January 4, 2017

Pratt, Brian brian.pratt at usask.ca
Thu Jan 5 20:46:27 GMT 2017

Dear Roy,

Thanks for passing this along. A little testimonial, if i may... I followed Matt's work closely, but we finally met in the late 1990s at a conference in Krakow. It was quite amusing watching him *trying* to speak Polish to some of the university staff involved in the organization and housing etc. and them responding in English! We all had a whale of a time at that conference, and at one point Matt and Doris came up to me and said they wanted to adopt me! Not long afterwards I was one of the reviewers of the Nitecki & Mutvei volume and enjoyed the task thoroughly, and especially the long phone call we had to discuss it afterwards. An enthusiast of evolutionary theory too, he was an inspiration.

Brian Pratt