Paleonet: fossil worm tubes

David Kopaska-Merkel davidkm at gsa.state.al.us
Thu Jan 12 16:16:48 GMT 2017

Thank you for the reference. I will definitely read this paper. Also, here is a link to three photographs:

http://dreamsandnightmaresmagazine.blogspot.com/2017/01/fossil-microscopic-encrusting-tubular.html

The first photograph indicates a larger tubular organism, which I think is some kind of worm. If you have any ideas about this, I would be grateful. The other two photographs show the smaller tubular organism, which I think is too small to be a worm. Foraminifera have been suggested as a possibility. Any ideas about this one?

Thank you,
David

David C Kopaska-Merkel
Geological Survey of Alabama