Paleonet: WORKSHOP "ACTUALISTIC TAPHONOMY IN SOUTH AMERICA" Montevideo, October 9-11, 2017

Sergio Martinez smart at fcien.edu.uy
Thu Jan 26 13:19:45 GMT 2017

WORKSHOP "ACTUALISTIC TAPHONOMY IN SOUTH AMERICA"
Montevideo, October 9-11, 2017

In the last years, the research on Actualistic Taphonomy had a big boost,
shown by the numerous and qualified papers, books, talks, theses, etc,
recently summarized and evaluated in Ritter et al. (2016 , Palaios 31: 20).
State of the art in the region deserves a meeting in order to exchange
experiences and to help to project the discipline into the future, for
example creating a stable network and planning activities together to
maximize our skills and capabilities.
For this reason, we are organizing the first Workshop on Actualistic
Taphonomy in South America. The proposed format is that of a workshop
stricto sensu, i.e. a small meeting acting as a catalyst of a group of
researchers with a common interest
The Workshop will take place between the 9 and 11 October 2017, at the
Facultad de Ciencias (Universidad de la República), Montevideo, Uruguay.
The presentations will be in Spanish, Portuguese and English..
We will be very pleased with your presence in the Workshop, and we will be
giving more information about the event soon.
On behalf of the Laboratorio de Paleontología de Invertebrados y
Paleoicnología, Facultad de Ciencias, UDELAR.

--
Dr. Sergio Martínez
Dpto. de Paleontología

Tel. +598 25252646  Fax. +598 25258617