Paleonet: JK2018 (a last update)

Bruno Granier bgranier at univ-brest.fr
Mon Jul 16 10:09:59 UTC 2018

Dear Paleoneters,

the aim of the "International Meeting around the Jurassic-Cretaceous
Boundary" is to discuss eustatical, biological, physiographical,
geochemical, ... events at/near the boundary (i.e., over an interval
of time spanning the Kimmeridgian to the Hauterivian, with a special
focus on Tithonian to Valanginian strata).

The "Asociación Paleontológica Argentina (APA)" has recently joined
our scientific partners, which include:

• Association Paléontologique Française (APF)
• Società Paleontologica Italiana (SPI)
• Societatea Paleontologilor din România (SPR)
• Sociedad Española de Paleontología (SEP)
• Comité Suisse de Stratigraphie (strati.CH)
• International Subcommission on Stratigraphic Classification (ISSC)
• International Research Group on Ostracoda (IRGO)
• International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS)
• Меловая комиссия МСК (Russian "Cretaceous Commission")
• Юрская комиссия МСК (Russian "Jurassic Commission")
• Stratigraphy, Sedimentology and Palaeontology (SSP) - European
Geosciences Union (EGU)
• Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
• The Paleontological Society

The Palaeontological Association (which is not a partner) has kindly
added a link to us on its website: http://go.palass.org/k0o
as well as the European Geosciences Union (EGU), the International
Subcommission on Jurassic Stratigraphy (ISJS), and the International
Subcommission on Cretaceous Stratigraphy (ISCS).

With the representatives of our scientific partners, the members of
our rather large and diverse international Scientific Committee, and
the attendees (? You), we expect to have very open, lively but fair,
discussions on all topics related to this ca. 20 m.y. stratigraphic
interval. The picture in the poster was designed by Karen Carr
http://www.karencarr.com/ Selected papers from the meeting will be
published in "Volumina Jurassica" (Editor in Chief: Prof. Andrzej
Wierzbowki) and in "Cretaceous Research" (Editor in Chief: Dr Eduardo
Koutsoukos).

JK2018 is organized by Swiss colleagues and myself. You possibly
noticed that registration fees for most international meetings are
quite expensive. We set up the JK2018 meeting to be "at cost price",
at least for the "early bird" registrations (50€ only for the three
days + 75€ if you would like to have lunches at the Museum Cafeteria).
Therefore, I invite you to take advantage of this unvaluable option
(before October 1st)!

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question, request or comment.
We look forward meeting you in Geneva /Genève (CH)/ next December.
Bruno Granier
on behalf of JK2018 Organizing Committee

Prof. Rossana Martini, Université de Genève, Switzerland
Dr Lionel Cavin, Muséum d'Histoire naturelle (MHN) de Genève, Switzerland
Prof. Jean J. Charollais, Université de Genève, Switzerland
Prof. Bruno R.C. Granier (Pres.), Université de Bretagne Occidentale, France
Dr Christian Meister, Muséum d'Histoire naturelle de Genève, Switzerland
Dr Eric Monteil, Muséum d'Histoire naturelle (MNH) de Genève, Switzerland
Dr André Piuz, Muséum d'Histoire naturelle (MHN) de Genève, Switzerland
Prof. Andreas Strasser, University of Fribourg, Switzerland

#########

SHORT CUTS
1) Mailing list (subscribe, unsubscribe, archives):
http://www-connexe.univ-brest.fr/geosciences/dada/mail.cgi/archive/TB/
2) Pre-registration + abstract submittals:
https://php5.univ-brest.fr/conference/ocs/index.php/JK2018/JK2018
3) Full registration (payment):
http://paleopolis.rediris.es/cg/registration.html
4) The latest circular issued: http://paleopolis.rediris.es/cg/JK2018.pdf
5) IAS grants for IAS student members: https://www.sedimentologists.org/grants

KEY DATES
Early bird registration (50€ only! + 75€ for lunches): before October 1st
Author registration: before October 1st
Abstract submittals: before November 1st
First day of the meeting: December 5
Last day of the meeting: December 7
"Gala dinner" (fondue): December 7 (evening)