Paleonet: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (2 YR ASSIGNMENT)- Isotope and Sediment Core labs

David Gillikin gillikid at union.edu
Fri Mar 30 16:20:36 GMT 2018

Hi All,

We seek a laboratory technician to work in Union College’s Stable Isotope Laboratory and Sediment Core Laboratory. This is a full-time position for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal. The technician will split their time between both laboratories, work with students and faculty, prepare samples and standards, and operate and maintain instrumentation. The labs are well equipped with a Thermo Delta Advantage isotope ratio mass spectrometer, Gas Bench, Costech EA, TCEA, Micromill, 6-digit analytical balance, particle size analyzer, coulometers, and an ICP-MS. We will train the new technician to work with the instrumentation, but some experience is a plus. Someone with an ability to work independently, good lab skills, and an interest in climate change research would be perfect for this position.

Major research projects include the Lake Junin sediment core, several other smaller lake core projects, bivalve shell geochemistry, stalagmite geochemistry, and stable isotopes in tree-rings. Opportunities for independent research exist. The technician will be under the supervision of David Gillikin, Donald Rodbell, and Anouk Verheyden.

We’re looking for someone to start in June, but are flexible.

More information and the application can be found here:

http://jobs.union.edu/cw/en-us/job/492355/laboratory-technician-2-yr-assignmentgeology <http://jobs.union.edu/cw/en-us/job/492355/laboratory-technician-2-yr-assignmentgeology>
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. Please pass this along to any students graduating this spring.

Cheers,

Dave

David P. Gillikin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Geology
Director: Environmental Science, Policy & Engineering Program and
Union College Stable Isotope Laboratory
Union College
Department of Geology
807 Union St.