Paleonet: Phylogenetic Paleobiology: Good Things Come in Trees

Wright, Davey wright.1433 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Apr 17 19:39:36 GMT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

My co-chairs and I invite you to submit an abstract to our topical session titled “Phylogenetic Paleobiology: Good Things Come in Trees” (T100) to be held at the 2019 Annual Geological Society of America (GSA) conference in Phoenix, Arizona (September 22-25).

The application of phylogenetic techniques to paleontological questions has revolutionized our understanding of evolutionary and ecological trends. This session welcomes talks on any aspect of phylogenetic paleobiology (e.g., morphological, ecological, molecular, biogeographical, comparative methods, etc.).

This is a complementary session to the Paleontological Society’s annual short course on Saturday of GSA, titled “Quantitative Methods in Phylogenetic Paleobiology.” Our topical session will provide an open avenue for scientists, and especially early-career researchers, to present their work.

Keynote presentations will be given by Drs. Mana Dembo (Simon Fraser University), Tracy Heath (Iowa State University), and Graeme Lloyd (University of Leeds).

The website for abstract submission is currently open, and the deadline to submit is June 25. For abstract submission and more information about the conference, visit: https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2019/home

Feel free to contact us with any questions and to forward this announcement to others who may be interested.

Cheers,

-Davey

Erik A. Sperling (Stanford)
Sandra J. Carlson (UC Davis)
David W. Bapst (Texas A&M)
Selina R. Cole (AMNH)
Curtis R. Congreve (North Carolina State)
Will Gearty (Stanford)
James C. Lamsdell (West Virginia U.)
Peter J. Wagner (U. Nebraska)
April M. Wright (Southeastern Louisiana)
David F. Wright (AMNH)

[cid:4037742d-e8fe-48cf-a173-32882a6ea98a]

*****************

David F. Wright, PhD
Gerstner Scholar and Lerner-Gray Fellow
Division of Paleontology
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th St.
New York, NY 10024

Email: dwright at amnh.org
Website: daveyfwright.wordpress.com
Google Scholar site: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=dVqMWqkAAAAJ&hl=en

"I salute the echinoderms as a noble group especially designed to puzzle the zoologist." --Libbie H. Hyman (1955: p. vi)