Paleonet: International Fossil Day, October 17-18

David Kopaska-Merkel davidkm at gsa.state.al.us
Mon Oct 5 20:18:05 UTC 2020

The Alabama Museum of Natural History usually hosts an exposition of sorts at which interested groups and the Museum itself put up tables showcasing various aspects of paleontology. Typically, these include lots of fossil specimens (some of which can be handled) that can be examined up close. The Museum doesn't charge anything to the organizations that put out tables and attendance at the event is open to everyone free of charge. Exhibits come from organizations such as amateur paleontological groups and the Geological Survey of Alabama. This event would be better attended if there was more parking available to visitors on the University of Alabama campus, but quite a few people do participate.

David C. Kopaska-Merkel
Geological Survey of Alabama
Box 869999
Tuscaloosa AL 35486-6999