Paleonet: PalAss Virtual Annual Meeting - abstract submission closing soon

Jo Hellawell jo.hellawell at palass.org
Wed Oct 7 10:18:09 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting!

Further to my e-mail below, early bird registration and abstract submission
for the Virtual PalAss Annual Meeting close on Friday! Please register
before attempting to submit your abstract: the registration confirmation
e-mail will contain your personal link enabling you to submit your
abstract(s).

For those with caring responsibilities who need paid help in order to attend
the meeting, our Carer's Bursary is available and still open for
applications. Please see the webpage:
https://www.palass.org/awards-grants/grants/palaeontological-association-car
er-s-bursary.

Please see below and the Association website for further details about the
Annual Meeting.

-------------------------------------

Dear all,

Registration is open for the Palaeontological Association's 64th Annual
Meeting: the meeting will be held online, hosted by the Oxford University
Museum of Natural History, UK, from 16th to 18th December. This year's
virtual Annual Meeting offers the opportunity for attendees from around the
world to watch presentations live, and interact, discuss and debate
palaeontology in real-time. The meeting will also feature a Symposium,
Annual Address and a number of interactive and engaging social events. More
details about the meeting, and the registration page, can be found on the
website:
https://www.palass.org/meetings-events/annual-meeting/2020/annual-meeting-20
20-virtual-meeting-overview.

As it is a virtual meeting, we are charging a nominal fee to cover the costs
of the conference. However, the Association recognises that not all
potential attendees will be in a position to pay for Annual Meeting
registration, due to the impact of COVID-19 or for other reasons. The
Association Council would like everyone who will benefit from the Annual
Meeting to be able to attend; therefore, if you wish to register but are
unable to pay, there is a fee waiver checkbox on the registration form. No
further action will be needed and you will not need to disclose your reasons
for selecting the fee waiver option.

The cost to attend this year's Annual Meeting is greatly reduced compared to
previous events. If you have funding available, please consider a voluntary
addition to your registration fee to support the work
<https://www.palass.org/association/supporting-future-palaeontology>  of the
Palaeontological Association. You can add this through your registration
form.

Not a member of the Palaeontological Association? Why not join - for many it
is cheaper to join and attend as a member than to pay for non-member
registration. In addition you will get all the other benefits of membership
of the Association. You can join the Association via the website
<https://www.palass.org/association/membership> .

Abstract submission is currently open, and will close at 23:59 BST on Friday
9th October. Abstracts are limited to 200 words in length, and attendees can
submit a maximum of one talk and one poster abstract. This year we will have
three presentation formats: poster, standard talk and flash talk. More
details on how these formats will work for this year's online virtual
conference can be found on the website. You will need to register before
submitting your abstract, as the registration confirmation e-mail will
contain your personal link enabling you to submit your abstract(s).

We very much look forward to welcoming you, virtually, to the OUMNH in
December.

Best wishes,

Jo

*******************
Dr Jo Hellawell
Executive Officer
The Palaeontological Association

 <http://www.palass.org/> http://www.palass.org/
Twitter @ThePalAss

***
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone
who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail
in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any
other storage mechanism.